To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
a)be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
b)be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
c)have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
Be computer literate in standard software applications.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the Programme.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the Internship Programme. Knowledge of a second United Nations official language is an asset.
Potential candidates will be contacted by hiring manager directly for further consideration.
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
• Degree Programme (What are you currently studying?)
• Graduation Date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?)
• List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
• List your top three areas of interest.
• Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
• Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
Writing a personal essay Letter of application to universities: Many people who want…